Standard Homeowners Coverage
Everyone who owns or rents a home needs homeowners insurance. Most standard policies in North Carolina are designed to provide coverage for:
- Dwelling - Coverage should be for replacement costs to rebuild the house and remove debris from the property
- Other Structures - Covers damage to detached structures like workshops and garages with a limit of covered exposure
- Personal Property - Most homeowners choose replacement value for personal possessions.
- Loss of Use - Pays the additional living expenses when forced to live away from home due to a covered peril.
- Personal Liability - Critical coverage designed to pay if the policyholder is liable for injury to others.
- Medical Payments to Others - pays medical expenses for someone other than the residents who are injured on the property.
While it is true that basic coverages may be the same, you should consult with a North Carolina Independent Insurance agent who can identify additional areas of protection you may need.
- Do you earn additional revenue from your home in Cary and need home business coverage?
- Does your Pittsboro Farm House have a barn that exceeds the covered amount of detached structure coverage on a standard policy?
- Do you live in an area near Chapel Hill prone to flooding?
A few other types of coverages to consider:
- Scheduled personal Valuables
- Water Sump Pump back up coverage
- Earthquake coverage
- Watercraft Coverage
- Identity Theft Assistance
- Business Computer Coverage
As a local independent insurance agency, we can shop a variety of carriers to help you find a homeowner policy with the best coverages for you at the best price. We can even help you find insurance discounts such as preferred risk, claim free, security system enabled, mature homeowner, and gold credit.
Get in Touch
Contact McBee Group at (919) 642-0475 or email us if you have any questions about homeowners insurance.